• Mister World 2014

    Mister World 2014 final at The Riviera International Conference Centre, Torbay, Devon, England on June 15

  • Mister International 2013 Coverage

    The 8th edition of the Mister International pageant, will be held in Skenoo Hall Jakarta-Indonesia on November 21

  • Mister Brasil 2014 Coverage

    The final on 10 May

  • Mister International Netherlands

    Exclusive Interview

Exclusive Interview with Wendy-Kristy Hoogerbrugge, Miss Earth Netherlands 2013

The Stunning Angels proudly present Wendy-Kristy Hoogerbrugge Miss Earth Netherlands 2013 in an exclusive interview. Letus find out a little more about her...


If you would like to describe yourself in one word, and what word would it be, and why?
I would like to describe myself as ‘determined’. I have learned not to take anything for granted and enjoy life as much as I can! I am very grateful that I am born in a safe country where it is made possible for men and women to get education, good health care and housing. Because I realize that this is not self-evident, I will do my utmost to help people who are less fortunate.

Tell us something that many people don't know about you.
I am a real daredevil. I love to push myself to the limit in everything that I do :) And I have a very long bucket list.



If you were given 10 minutes on earth to live, what would you do with thoses 10 minutes?
If I was given 10 minutes on this beautiful Earth, I would consciously enjoy the nature and the people around me. These are the memories that you can cherish forever.

What is the one feature you would change about yourself and why?
To be honest, I would not change anything. I think looks are not the most important in life. In my opinion, true beauty comes from within. And I sincerely hope everyone loves themself as they are. Everyone has their own unique beauty. You are beautiful exactly as Mother Earth intended.


Have you ever posed nude or almost nude for a photo? And what if you were offered a million dollars to do so?
No, I have not. I personally think that a beauty queen should be a good role model inside and out. I would like to show others that it is not just about exterior beauty. For that reason I will not choose to pose nude. But I do think it is important that everyone embraces their body. Your body is beautiful regardless of shape, size or color.

What is the hardest part of being a Miss Earth Netherlands?
I am grateful for the opportunity that the Miss Earth organization has to offer and I am honoured to take part in this pageant. Miss Earth is such a beautiful stage to convey my environmental advocacy and take my charity work to the next level. But the hardest part of being Miss Earth Netherlands is my own high standard. I want to be a real good role model and show others that through hard work, commitment and passion we can take matters into our own hands in protecting and preserving Mother Earth. 

Tell us about your preparations for the Miss Earth 2013 pageant!
I want to be really well prepared and a good representative of my country. Therefore I have talked to our government and the CEO of our largest energy supplier about the vision and goal of our country, with regard to subjects such as sustainable development and water cooperation in the Netherlands. Furthermore, I participated in several projects to create awareness of these issues in my country and in other countries as well. Recently I took part in a nation-wide campaign to promote wind energy for household consumers. And together with foundation Humana, I have financed and started projects to address water issues in Africa, because a lack of access to freshwater and hygiene still accounts for the deaths of thousands of people.

Which one do you think is your best quality for winning the title of Miss Earth?
I am genuinely concerned about our mother Earth and the people and animals on it. I cannot believe that
diseases from unsafe water and lack of basic sanitation, kill more people every year than all forms of violence. And I cannot believe that there are animals dying all over the world, due to polluted water. We can change this. I want to change this!

If you don’t win Miss Earth 2013, what are your plans for the future?
If I don’t win Miss Earth 2013, my plans for the future will remain the same and I will continue to do everything in my power to help others.

What's your special message to your fans & our fellow readers?
I am extremely grateful for all your love and support. Thank you so much. I really hope that I will get the chance to make a difference, together with all of you! Together we can help others, in times when they need us the most. And together we already know so much about ways to protect and preserve mother Earth. Together we can make this Earth an even better place for ourselves and our children.

Wendy’s favorites
What is your favorite food?
I love all food! I still haven’t found anything that I don’t like. But you can wake me up for cotton candy.

What is your favorite movie?
My favourite movies are Pride and Prejudice and Bridget Jones Diary, because they are such sweet and endearing stories and I recognize myself in the clumsiness of Bridget ;)

What is your favorite animal?
I love all animals. We have come together united as one, including humans, animals, plants and all living organism. And we cannot live without each other. 


What are your two favorite colors?
I love the colours orange and dark green

Name your favorite book!
Obviously, Pride and prejudice by Jane Austen and Bridget Jones Diary by Helen Fielding. 

Name your favorite magazine!
Woman’s health. I like the information provided, because I work out a lot. And it is important to create a balance between exercise and nutrition, in order to stay healthy. 

What is your favorite song or music video?
I like the song ‘Mermaid’ by ‘Train’ a lot.


Who is your favorite celebrity?
Gisele Bundchen, because she is a real beauty for a cause. If celebrities are fully engaged with the cause they are promoting, the message can persuade others to support the cause. Gisele sets a beautiful example for others and donated millions of her personal wealth to to Doctors Without Borders for Haiti Relief following the devastating earthquake.

What is your favorite ice cream flavour?
My favourite ice cream flavour is ‘Ferrero Rocher’. I have an ice cream parlor around the corner and when I want to treat myself, I love to go there for ice cream J

Interview
Zeph End & Wendy-Kristy Hoogerbrugge

Special Thanks
Chilton Sampono

Photos
Maarten Quaavliet, Arjan Baugelink   

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...