• Mister World 2014

    Mister World 2014 final at The Riviera International Conference Centre, Torbay, Devon, England on June 15

  • Mister International 2013 Coverage

    The 8th edition of the Mister International pageant, will be held in Skenoo Hall Jakarta-Indonesia on November 21

  • Mister Brasil 2014 Coverage

    The final on 10 May

  • Mister International Netherlands

    Exclusive Interview

Exclusive Interview With Armand Du Plessis, Manhunt International South Africa 2012


The Stunning Angels proudly presents Armand Du Plessis in an exclusive interview. Let us find out a little more about him


Describe yourself in just one word, and explain why!
Successful
Many people view wealth and being famous as successful, yet one can be a pubic success and private failure. I believe true success is private and public. I have a wonderful and very supportive family; I am making a difference and standing in my beliefs and morals. No matter what I achieve in Mr. Manhunt International 2012, I am and will remain a success because true success is built on ones character and attitude.

When have you been very proud of yourself in your life?
I see being chosen to represent South Africa at Mr. Manhunt International as one of my proudest moments up to date. I’ve never had the previous opportunity to represent my beautiful country internationally and always wanted to do so. Not many people get this unbelievable privilege and I’m very fortunate to gotten this opportunity coming my way.
Photo by Louis D Botha
If you were to be reborn, whom would you choose to be born as: David Beckham, Prince William or Sir Elton John? Why?
I would’ve definitely chosen to be Sir Elton John. I believe that music has the power to inspire others and by being blessed with such unbelievable talent (such as Sir Elton John) to not only inspire throughout ones performances but also through the talent of writing songs that would touch people’s lives all over the World.

If you had fifteen minutes a day to do anything you wanted, what would you do?
15 minutes can be used in so many different ways. Not only additional time to the time I already spend giving back to communities but time to build contacts and lasting relationships. I will also use this time to spend with the people in my life and let others know how much they mean to me and influence my life, to thank them.
Photo by Louis D Botha
What is the one feature you would change about yourself and why?
I am very happy with all my features and wouldn’t like to change anything. They make me who I am and make me unique. I would like to encourage others to accept themselves they way they are as every one of us are special in our own way…

What do you want to gain by participating in beauty pageants?
Beauty pageants, and in specific Mr. Manhunt International, have so much to offer. I not only enter to win the prizes but they are stepping stones and platforms which I use to highlight social issues and problems and encourage others to make a difference in other people’s lives. I also use them to bring awareness to campaigns close to my heart like crime-stop campaigns, etc.

Photo by Jaco Du Plessis
Till what extent can you go to win Manhunt International 2012?
I am who I am and I stand on my morals and values. I will win because I remain true to myself and my supporters. A person can only put on a show for so long. It is in being yourself that success, both long term and short term, can be achieved with maximum effect.

If you don't win the title, what are your plans for the future?
If I unfortunately don’t win the title as Mr. Manhunt International 2012, I would focus on completing and furthering my studies by obtaining my Masters Degree from the University of Pretoria which were after I will work as an advocate and becoming a successful businessman. I will also keep on working as a part-time model and would hope that this will take me places over the World to touch the lives of others around the globe and not just inside the borders of the beautiful South Africa.
Photo by Lucinda Schoeman
Finally, what's your special message to your fans & reader of "The Stunning Angels" blog?
I’ve got a message of thanks to both the fans and readers of The Stunning Angels Blog and would hereby like to thank everyone for their unbelievable support and motivation throughout this journey. I will keep on giving it my all throughout the rest of the competition and hereby hope that I’ll make all of you proud! I cannot wait to share the rest of my experiences with all of you further… Follow me on Twitter at @armandduplessis and on Facebook as I’ll be keeping all my loyal supporters up to date on what’s happening in Bangkok, Thailand for Mr. Manhunt International 2012. Stay true to who you are and what you stand for; you were made unique and special. Don’t imitate, originate!
Photo by Jaco Du Plessis
Armand’s Favorites
My favorite quote is “If you can’t run, walk. If you can’t walk, crawl. No matter what you do, make sure you move forward in life and inspire the ones around you!”
My favorite cuisine is Seafood
My favorite artist is Josh Groban
My favorite color is Blue
My favorite movie is Facing The Giants
My favorite song is You Raise Me Up

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interview by zephEnd

Special Thanks
Armand Du Plessis, Mr. Manhunt International South Africa 2012
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...